Ripped and distressed skinny jeans is my all time favorite piece of clothing. It is not only fashionable but it’s also very versatile.
However, being a short-legged girl it has always been difficult for me to find the perfect ripped jeans so I would always resort on making my own using old pair of jeans.
Since I love DIY’s, I tried different ways to perfect the art of making a ripped & distressed jeans and I’ll share that with you on today’s tutorial.
What you need:
- Pair of old jeans.
- Chalk or marker
- Tape measure
- Cut the jeans depending on your preferred lenght.
- Mark the areas in which you would want to rip.
- Cut the marked areas.
- Pull out the loose threads (usually white in color). After removing the loose threads, pull the horizontal thread individually (white).
- Cut the vertical thread (usually colored) as you move along the process so you will only be left with the horizontal thread.
- Repeat the same method on each marked areas.
- Try the pants on and remove any loose threads (if you’ve missed any).
- Once you’re done with the ripping and distressing part, put the pants on the dryer for about 3-5 mins.
And you are done!
What I love about making my own ripped jeans is that I can personally add my own style and position the ripped or distressed areas on my preferred place on the pants.
And that’s our tutorial for today, hope you guys enjoyed it!
Arlene Kischaen Aboli